Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For a moment I felt like a relic

One day, two little girls aged seven and six knocked on my door. Being the youngest in the colony, the elder kids usually avoided playing with them. That afternoon, they came around knocking every flat to ‘check’ where the other kids were ‘hiding’. Since I, in my late twenties, was all by myself, they were willing to be gracious enough to play with me if I let them in.

Note: Please do not use the content without consent.
The moment they stepped in, they were fascinated by the sight of an hour-glass. To cut the story short, I told them that people in the olden days used it instead of a 'watch'. I should have said, ‘Clock’. Befitting her age the seven year old promptly asked me in a dragging tune, “Is this what you used when you were in school?"

4 comments:

  1. Oh Come on Nance! You're no relic! Nice blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancyjee? No new blogs or poems?? Don't stop writing... Unless of course if you're working on the short story collection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till we show our BW TVs, dial phones, and if u still have those Nokia 1100 cell phones. They'd stop talking to u.

    ReplyDelete